Pages

Tuesday, February 21, 2017

SNOW!

My new companion is Sister Lee, she is from South Korea and I love her. It's been cool to be able to show her around the city..turns out I know it better than I thought I did so that's great! and for her to bring her ideas and new ways that we can do the work. I love it! 

 About 5 days ago the weather was wonderful, it was in the 60s, warm and everyone was outside and happy to talk to us. We gave out multiple Book of Mormons and got contact info for lots of people- it was a dreamy day. Then the snow came and that wasn't the case anymore but spring will be here soon I hope!

 Last night there was a fireside at the church and Christian and Stephanie Nielson came and spoke and they are amazing. Their story is incredible, her strength, hope and faith is so inspiring. She shared her story and he talked about building up your spiritual reserve and he said how their source of strength was in the Savior Jesus Christ. And I loved that because as we rely on him, we don't have to carry our burdens alone. He has already suffered for them so let him carry them with you and as you do that- the load that you carry will become easier. It made me think of Matthew 11:28-30. As we allow the Savior to help us, our burdens aren't taken away- we still have them but we receive strength with Him. 

 With Sister Lee, we talk to all the Asians now and I loooove it!! They're mostly from China and the only thing I remember how to say is nihao, wǒ ài nǐ (hello, I love you!) Hahah so that is usually a good way to start the conversation. They usually just laugh at me because I probably don't say it right at all but it's fun to try anyway! This past week we did some street contacting and we stopped people on the sidewalk to show them the Because of Him video. It's amazing that you can still feel the spirit as you watch that video with a stranger on the sidewalks of New York City. I love being able to teach people and share the happiness this gospel brings with the people here. I hope you all have a fabulous week.

 Love you!!
xoxo Sister Walecki


This is Sister Lee & our cupcakes from Ali...he still brings us something every time we meet.


Snow outside our apartment.


I just think the temple looked real good that day:)


No comments:

Post a Comment