Pages

Friday, February 10, 2017

Changes are coming!


On Wednesday afternoon Sister Muhlestein and I were doing 12 week at the church and the phone started ringing & it was President Smith and she just looked at me and smiled as she answered and long story short, he said "Sister Walecki, Heavenly Father is calling you to be a trainer!" Sooo I finished my training this last week and Sister Muhlestein is being transferred to Connecticut and I'll get a brand new sister this Tuesday :) so that's pretty exciting!! I can't believe I've already been out here for 3 months though, time really goes by so fast!

 Cool experience on Friday we knocked on a random door and the lady ended up letting us in. Come to find out, she used to meet with missionaries 23 YEARS ago when her kids were all really little and she hasn't met with them since. So we have started visiting with her again and we'll see! 
 Also at zone meeting, the Elders shared how they do 10 push-ups for every person they talk to and don't ask for a referral from & we always forget to ask for those so Sister Muhlestein and I decided to take the challenge and... we've been doing a lot of push-ups  (we only do 2 instead of 10 haha) BUT we remember referrals a lot more now!!

 We've been sharing 1 Nephi 8:12 with different families and I love that verse. I love how different each discussion goes from the same verse...each person has a different idea of how it can apply to their life. I think it's true, as we find things in our life that make us happy and bring joy we naturally want our loved ones and others around us to have it too! Like the gospel- I LOVE getting to share with people each day that they have a loving Heavenly Father and Savior who knows them individually and knows exactly what they're going through. I'm so so grateful for the understanding that this gospel brings & I know it's true!

Love you all
xoxo Sister Walecki 
 

This is Ismael! And his French Book of Mormon hahah

A Facebook message from him and even though it doesn't make a whole lot of since it was
 so nice of him to say thanks. It's amazing to see how the gospel changes people's lives!


The reason my face is as round as a basketball these days.

Eating a slice of pizza the size of Asia is no easy task.

If you ever come to New York City, go to Magnolias and get the banana pudding...I promise you won't be disappointed.

Just a cute pink building we passed last pday.

No comments:

Post a Comment