Pages

Sunday, December 18, 2016

December, Penny & Rain


I ALWAYS forget to bring my journal when we write emails, therefore I can't remember what all has happened but I'll try my best.

This week has been really good, super busy but with December now, the Christmas spirit here in New York is THE GREATEST.

I'll just share a few experiences from that past few weeks.
Last week we walked to the subway to head home but for some reason trains headed uptown were closed. So we went back up and wandered around trying to figure out how we'd get home. We decided to try and figure out the buses- we have never taken the bus home before. So we found a bus stop and a lady- her name is Penny was there and we started talking.  She was super friendly and we talked about the gospel and what she believes, etc and we ended up sitting by her on the bus and showed her the new Christmas Initiative video. She loved the video and after she told us that about 20 YEARS ago the elders used to teach her. She said she liked the lessons and they had given her a Book of Mormon but she never actually had read it. So we offered her another one and she accepted it and said she actually wanted to read it this time and wanted us to give her a call in 2 weeks to check up on how her reading was going and how she was doing! So we'll contact her again soon and see!!

Then the other day on the subway we sat by a woman named Hilda and talked a little bit but there was a language barrier so we couldn't understand each other super well. So we showed her the Christmas Initiative video as well and after she said something about our church being in her community? Then she said 2 boys used to  come to her house with tags like ours and talk to her but she moved and she lost contact with them. So she gave us her number and said call me! Because she wanted to receive lessons again. How crazy is that?! The Lord really is preparing people to hear the gospel. And sometimes, when we teach the first time they're not ready (that happens a lot) but their time comes- even if it is 20 years later. Being a missionary has really helped me to see all the little ways Heavenly Father is playing a role in my life and in every single person's life.

Also, no one told me how much it rains in New York. I was not prepared for that! But it is better than it being freezing cold and snow, so no complaints here :)
Next week I will remember my journal so it'll be better then.

I love you!!
xoxo
Sister Walecki

Here are some pictures from our Wednesday pday activities.

For pday we went down and saw the Rockefeller tree--it's massive. There are a lot of people
and it was pretty busy, but it was worth it for sure.

Some day I'll come back here and actually go ice skating.



Just a 20 THOUSAND dollar Chanel coat, pocket change really.



No comments:

Post a Comment