Pages

Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Christmas

 I went to the MTC exactly 2 months from today, whaaaat?! SO crazy!! This week has been really good. It was a little weird adjusting to having pday on Monday, it kinda made the week feel longer but another week has passed and I'm still alive so all is well!

 Last Sunday we had a fireside at the church and Stuart Edge came and talked to us about service and all his YouTube jazz. He's a famous Mormon you tuber apparently so that was pretty cool. Then on Tuesday we did service allll day long. It was the best!! We went to Central park and raked leaves for 3 hours then wrapped gifts and handed out hot chocolate in front of the temple for a few hours after raking. Stuart Edge was there and apparently he was on facebook live and lds smile making a video of it all. So you can go watch it and see what we were doing and if you can find me!!:)

 On Friday we went to Grand Central Station and caroled for an hour with the zone. And I realized you can't have any fears of being in public when you're a missionary. There were hundreds of people there and so many people recording us and taking pictures and stopping to listen. Some joined in. It was a great time. 

The other day we talked to a man outside of an elevator in the projects and he asked our names and sister Muhlestein said hers then he asked mine and I told him then he turned toward me and asked again and I said Sister Walecki. And he said Walecki? Are you lucky? Can I marry you?? And I was like uhhh no I don't think so! Haha then he got on the elevator. Perks of being a missionary.
 Christmas day was the greatest. I loved seeing my family and I'm so so so grateful for all the packages and Christmas cards everyone has sent. It really means a lot and I loved seeing all the pictures- I miss every one's faces.
 
 This Christmas I really got to just focus on Christ. On what he did for ME and for YOU and the knowledge that we have of his birth and atonement. I know its a huge blessing in our lives. I know that our Savior lives and because he does, we have a purpose here on earth. And we get to go through all kinds of experiences to learn and grow and become more like him!! I love all of you and hope you have a merry Christmas!!


xoxo Sister Walecki  


My cute companion Sister Muhlestein

Sister Simons made homemade cinnamon rolls Christmas morning so it's safe to say she's my favorite right now, basically.

Columbia University is my favorite and I love walking through these trees.

I don't really remember where we were exactly, but this was downtown somewhere on pday.

Our district

Downtown all the stores have cool Christmas things in their windows. This was at Macy's.

No comments:

Post a Comment