Pages

Thursday, March 9, 2017

2 in 1 this week

Last week Elder Gong of the 70 and his wife came to New York for a mission tour. So two Sundays ago we had a devotional with him and then the next Monday we had a zone conference. As a missionary, meetings are my very favorite because I always learn so much I love it!! 

 We had a lesson with Nancy this last week, and teaching someone who doesn't have a christian background/previous belief in Jesus Christ has been a lot different! But it has been really cool to just be able to teach super super simply and testify of the Savior. She is the sweetest and has tons of questions so its great! 

 The weather was really nice and then it got freezing cold and suuuuper windy, I'm grateful for the Kansas wind I grew up in because New York has got some windy days too!! But hopefully spring will be here soon! 

 Friday was my half birthday and I cried about that for a second because I can't believe its already been 6 months since my birthday! Then we had ice cream for dessert after dinner because half birthdays matter :) haha

 We are working on just finding people to teach lately and working with members and less actives. Our ward is AMAZING and the members are so nice and willing to do missionary work and that is the greatest blessing!!

 I was reading a conference talk this week, its called The Master Healer from October 2016 by Carole M. Stephens- you might remember it. But I loved this quote...
Hope and healing are not found in the dark abyss of secrecy but in the light and love of our Savior, Jesus Christ. Elder Richard G. Scott counseled: “If you are free [from] serious sin yourself, don’t suffer needlessly the consequences of another’s sins. … You can feel compassion. … Yet you should not take upon yourself a feeling of responsibility. … When you have done what is reasonable to help one you love, lay the burden at the feet of the Savior. … As you so act, not only will you find peace but will demonstrate your faith in the power of the Savior to lift the burden of sin from a loved one through his repentance and obedience.”
He continued: “Complete healing will come through your faith in Jesus Christ and His power and capacity, through His Atonement, to heal the scars of that which is unjust and undeserved."
just something to think about this week.


Love you all
xoxo Sister Walecki




Chocolate straight from Hawaii because our members are the sweetest and some how know my favorite things.

Sister Benedicto ! We went on splits last week and she is the best! Splits are so fun because we get to know other Sisters so much better! I Love It! We have a whole lot in common and I'm grateful for her example and sweet spirit!!!

Zone meeting last Thursday


No comments:

Post a Comment