Pages

Thursday, November 17, 2016

New York City

I have officially made it to New York!! I am serving in Manhattan in the Upper West Side. Our ward meets in the chapel above the temple so that's pretty cool! I am just adjusting to the subways, buses, and the craziness of the city but I'm coming to love it :)

Getting from the mission home to my area yesterday was quite the adventure because it was POURING rain the entire time. My suitcases were soaked but luckily only a couple things inside got wet! So that was a blessing for sure.

We met with a man last night, his name is Ali. Apparently he always brings the sisters a dozen Krispy Kreme donuts and last night was no different! haha. Teaching real people is a little different than the MTC, but different in the best way! The spirit is so real, the people I've met are so nice! By next week I'll have more to write, but I don't have a ton of time today.

My companion and trainer is Sister Muhlestein. She is also from Utah and so so so nice!! Again, amazing companion and that makes everything so much better and easier! She is teaching me all the ways like how to be a missionary in the real world and how to live and stay focused in New York, there are a loooot of distractions here! I'm learning my way around and seeing all the blessings. I know this is where I need to be right now and I am excited to figure out why! I have loved meeting and talking to all the people. Being a missionary is seriously the best!

I know that this gospel brings joy and  is the reason for the happiness I feel everyday and I'm so excited to be able to share that with people here!

I'll try to respond to your emails- it might not be until  next week. But I miss you all!! Choose the right & remember God loves you! Have a good week :)

xoxo
Sister Walecki




                                                                                   




Because I miss Sister West a whole lot!!

we

We only got ice cream once, but when you spend WAY too much for an ice cream cone,
you gotta get different backgrounds, ya know?


                       Coming out of the subway into Harlem where our apartment is. It is still sooo                                                      pretty and looks like fall here.

No comments:

Post a Comment